Table of Contents
- Type of data we collect
- How we use your data
- How we share your data
- How you can manage your data processing
- California Privacy Laws
- Canada Anti-Spam Laws
- How we protect personal data
- User ID and Passwords
- Links to other sites
- How you can access, change or delete your data
- Cookies and web devices
- Data transmission to other countries
- Breach notification
3. Type of Data We Collect
We collect information (whether online, by phone, or by paper) that enables the EEO to identify or contact you (“Personal Data”) to carry out its business purposes. EEO Sites collect this information for a variety of business reasons, including but not limited to, applying for membership, screening registrants, registering for EEO workshops, courses, training or programs, purchasing EEO products or services, or otherwise interacting with the EEO members.
The types of Personal Data we collect include, but are not limited to:
- General data (e.g., names, dates of birth, home and business addresses, email addresses, Internet protocol addresses and mobile/landline business/personal telephone numbers that are provided by our donors/members/customers)
- Professional data (e.g., firm size, marketing budgets)
- Social media profiles (e.g., Facebook, Instagram, Youtube, Pinterest, Twitter, and Other
- Other business information (e.g., trademarks, copyrights, or patents)
- Financial information (e.g., credit and debit card numbers, credit reports, passwords and PIN numbers) for product sales or employment purposes
- Sensitive Personal Data (e.g., racial or ethnic origin, sexual orientation and disability data) for diversity or accessibility purposes
EEO also receives Personal Data from third parties for the EEO’s use in marketing to potential new members, such as lists of new startups established, list of active members of the Bar.
We collect information (whether online, by phone, or by paper) that does not directly identify you as you interact with our Sites (“Non-Personal Data”). The types of Non-Personal Data we collect includes, but is not limited to:
- Site usage (e.g., browsing history, search terms, number of clicks, referring/exit pages, date/time stamp, time on Site)
- Products and services viewed, including advertisements for such products and services
- Computer type, operating system
- Internet service provider
- Your industry and business (e.g., company size and location, job functions and seniority levels)
4. How We Use Your Data
In addition to the uses described above, we use your Personal Data, sometimes combined with Non-Personal Data, in a variety of ways including, but not limited to the below, in order to:
- Identify you when you visit our Sites
- Provide service communications such as bill reminders, order confirmations, program registrations
andcustomer service messages
- Provide products, information
andservices you request or that we think you may be interested in
- Respond to your emails or online requests for products, services, or information
- Personalize and improve the usability of the Sites
- Fulfill and/or deliver EEO products and services
- Tailor content, advertising
andmarketing to you
We use Non-Personal Data to improve the usability of our Sites and for other business reasons. We or other third-party companies also use the Non-Personal Data to provide advertisements and targeted advertisements to you (ads based on the Non-Personal Data). We do not provide Personal Data to third parties with whom we share your Non-Personal Data. Please note that, when you select an advertising link or
5. How We Share Your Data
We share your Personal Data, sometimes combined with Non-Personal Data, in a variety of ways including, but not limited to the below:
- Share data with third parties to fulfill service requests and to perform business functions (e.g., the EEO contracts with third parties to provide services on our behalf such as data hosting services; packaging, mailing and delivering services; customer support and consulting services; and event registration services).
- Share data with third parties as required by law or to protect the EEO in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary
to:(a) conform to legal requirements or comply with legal process served on the EEO; (b) protect and defend the EEO’s rights or property; or (c) protect the personal safety of EEO personnel or members of the public in appropriate circumstances.
- Share data with third parties if the EEO and/or its assets (or a portion of its assets) are sold, assigned, transferred, or merged, or if the EEO undergoes some other change including a change to its corporate form as part of a bankruptcy proceeding or otherwise; information may be transferred as part of that transaction or change.
- Share data with third parties to offer you products and services that may be of interest to you professionally or personally (e.g., business software solutions or member product discounts). Users can request their information to be removed from such lists by contacting us, as set forth in the “Contact Information” section below.
- Share data with third parties under other unanticipated situations, but only with your consent.
- Share your email address, but only as permitted by the EEO Email Policy, which
reflectall the above terms and conditions, to ensure we maintain complete transparency.
6. How You Can Manage Your Data Processing
You can manage your profile and email preferences, including “opting out” of email by contacting us using the information in the “Contact Information” section below. If you prefer to receive hard copy mailings only from the EEO, you can contact us and request to have your name and address removed from the list we provide to third parties, if any. For residents in California, please consult the “California Privacy Rights” section for additional considerations.
Our processing of your data is based upon your consent, contract performance (e.g., your purchase of products, services, programs or membership sign-up/renewal), legitimate business interest (e.g., direct marketing of goods and services), or compliance with
7. California Privacy Laws
8. Canada Anti-Spam Law
The EEO complies with the Canada Anti-Spam Law. Non-EEO members or associates who provide us a Canadian mailing address will not receive unauthorized Commercial Electronic Messages (as defined under the Canada Anti-Spam Law) unless these individuals have “opted-in” to receive Commercial Electronic Messages.
We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from or market to children under the age of 13.
10. How We Protect Personal Data
11. User ID and Password
Certain areas of the Sites require the use of a user ID, email address, or password as an additional security measure that helps protect your Personal Data. To help you protect your privacy, these Sites have tools to help you log in and log out.
12. Links to Other Sites
13. How You Can Access, Change or Delete Your Data
We rely on you to update and correct your Personal Data. If you are a user of our Sites,
14. Cookies and Other Web Devices
15. Transmission of Data to Other Countries
Your Personal Data is processed in the United States, where privacy laws may be less stringent than the laws in your country and where the government, courts, or law enforcement may be able to access your data. By submitting your Personal Data to us, you agree to the transfer, storage
You, as the data subject, have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State of your habitual residence, place of work, or place of the alleged infringement, if you believe that the processing of your personal data does not comply with legal requirements.
17. Breach Notification
In the event we determine the occurrence of a data security incident, we will notify you by email, US mail, telephone, or other means as permitted by law.
18. Contact Information
If you have questions, comments, or complaints concerning our privacy practices or if you wish to change, access, or remove your Personal Data, please contact us as indicated below. We will attempt, where practical, to respond to your requests and to provide you with additional privacy information.
Entrepreneur Empowered Organization
1117 5th Street, Suite D
Manhattan Beach, CA 90266
(213) 924-6663 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Effective Date: July 31, 2018