Start A Nonprofit.
WE HELP ENTREPRENEURS HAVE A DEEPER IMPACT BY HELPING THEM INCORPORATE A SOCIAL, EDUCATIONAL OR CHARITABLE MISSION
What’s Your Social Mission?
A business survey conducted by Cox Business Consumer Pulse on Small Businesses in 2018 showed that 71% of consumers would spend money at a small business that supported a positive social or environmental cause.
Think about that for a second. Would you be more inclined to support a business that furthers an important cause or mission and dedicates a portion of their revenue to further that mission? The answer is probably a big, fat “yes”, especially if that mission resonates with you.
Our nonprofit organization’s core mission is to help you:
- Identify your social, charitable or educational mission
- Incorporate your nonprofit organization and attain “tax-free” status
- Help you secure grants and donations to scale your mission
- Help you understand how to market your cause, mission, products or services
We are laser-focused on our goal – help you get direct access to the knowledge, the tools, the technologies, and the subject-matter experts, who can help you create your nonprofit, so you leave a deeper footprint in your community.
FREE RESOURCE TO GET YOU STARTED
THE NONPROFIT 501(c)(3) LAUNCH PLAN™
THE EXACT TEMPLATE THAT WE USED TO CREATE AND REGISTER ENTREPRENEUR EMPOWERED ORGANIZATION AS A 501(c)(3) NONPROFIT ORGANIZATION.
HERE ARE THE STEPS
PHASE 1: SETTING UP YOUR NONPROFIT ORGANIZATION
Here are the basic steps involved in setting up your 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization
STEP 1: IDENTIFY YOUR CHARITABLE MISSION
The first step is to determine what kind of charitable organization you’d like to start. Think about who you would like to help, how you would like to help them, and how can you make a difference in the community with your nonprofit organization. You should also perform online research to ensure your nonprofit’s name, logo, domain name, social media profiles, and trademarks are free to use and do not infringe upon anyone else’s rights.
STEP 2: FILE YOUR NONPROFIT ORGANIZATION WITH THE STATE
The second step is to file your nonprofit organization with your local Secretary of State’s Business Office. If you choose to operate with another name than the one you registered with, file a doing business as (DBA) with your local county as well. Ensure you fill the right documents that will enable you to file under a valid 501(c)(3) organization.
STEP 3: REGISTER YOUR NONPROFIT WITH THE IRS TAX-EXEMPTION STATUS
The next step is to apply to the IRS to get recognition as a tax-exempt entity. This process may take up to 90 days and the form will require information about your nonprofit’s mission, website, evidence of activity, financials, information about the board of directors and the category/classification under which you’d like to operate. Once again, it’s important to pay close attention to the information required on the 1023 Form.
PHASE 2: IDENTIFYING YOUR SOCIAL MISSION
Here are examples of several social, charitable or educational missions to inspire you…
FOCUS ON EDUCATING AND EMPOWERING BUSINESS OWNERS & ENTREPRENEURS
EXAMPLE: Providing education courses and workshops to further entrepreneurship:
- Business growth educational programs
- Business mentorship for new entrepreneurs
- Marketing training workshops/sessions
- Social media training for small business owners
- Business law and strategy training workshops
- Technology and artificial intelligence workshops
FOCUS ON EDUCATING AND EMPOWERING FAMILIES AND PARENTS
EXAMPLE: Providing educational material, groups, workshops, or events for families on:
- Estate and tax law education for families
- Marriage, family and divorce education
- New parents and/or mom support groups
- Estate planning education for seniors and elders
- Real estate and mortgage education
- Bankruptcy, insurance and finance education
FOCUS ON STEM PROGRAMS OR ENTREPRENEURSHIP FOR YOUNG MINDS
EXAMPLE: Provide education programs or apps about STEM courses for children
- Science groups and workshops
- Young entrepreneurs groups
- Technology programs for children
- Coding for girls and young minds
- Engineering and math programs
- Promotion of other topics like financial education or entrepreneurship
FOCUS ON FIGHTING POVERTY, HOMELESSNESS & CRIME IN YOUR COMMUNITY
- Fighting poverty through food drives
- Job training or life skills workshops
- Young mentorship classes and programs
- Encouraging youth to leave gangs and get jobs
- Help for people released from prison to integrate back
PHASE 3: SECURING GRANTS AND DONATIONS
Here are a few of the many resources available to nonprofit organizations
SECURE GRANTS FROM ORGANIZATIONS
There are plenty of programs for nonprofit organizations. Here are a few:
- Google for Nonprofits offers a plethora of options for nonprofits
- Youtube grants enable nonprofits to spread their mission with Ads
- Google Ad Grants is a program that fuels nonprofits with $10,000 in ad dollars every month
- TechSoup provides a ton of resources for nonprofits as well
- Walmart Foundation also offers nonprofits with grants and donations
SECURE GRANTS FROM INSTITUTIONS
Many institutions have grants that are given out as scholarships and credits
- Grants for promoting science or art
- Sponsorships for specific causes
- Grants to promote specific missions
- Grants issued by region are also an option
GET DONATIONS FROM YOUR NONPROFITS MEMBERS OR CUSTOMERS
- Programs for business owners
- Educational programs for entrepreneurs
- Legal workshops and training programs
- Marketing training and workshops
- Technology training and education
- Development of technology apps
RAISE DONATIONS FROM FUNDRAISING ACTIVITIES
- Online fundraising through funding websites
- Fundraising for a cause on social media
- Fundraise from your website
- Fundraise by hosting events in your community
- Ask friends and family to donate to support your mission
DO YOU NEED HELP FIGURING OUT HOW TO GET GRANTS OR DONATIONS TO YOUR NONPROFIT?
Take a second to connect with us, we’ll be happy to help you figure out which grant program is best suited for your particular nonprofit mission.
THE NONPROFIT ACCELERATOR™
THE NONPROFIT ACCELERATOR™ IS DESIGNED FOR ENTREPRENEURS WHO ARE READY TO REACH THEIR NEXT LEVEL – IN BUSINESS, IN LIFE, AND AS SOCIAL, IMPACT-DRIVEN ENTREPRENEURS.
THE NONPROFIT ACCELERATOR™ (TNA)
The Nonprofit Accelerator™ Program Is A World-Class Intensive Program That Focuses On Helping You Incorporate A Nonprofit Organization In Order To Scale Your Impact. Led By Subject-Matter Experts And Our Trusted And Vetted Business Professionals, This Program Will Challenge You To Think Differently, Brand Yourself Differently, And Focus On Non-Monetary Goals. Our Mission Is To Help You Sharpen Your Business Vision And Rewire The Way You Go About Accomplishing Your Entrepreneurial Goals.
HERE IS THE FORMAT OF THE NONPROFIT ACCELERATOR™
THE PROGRAM IS DIVIDED INTO FOUR (4) SMALLER, “LEARN THROUGH APPLICATION” PHASES, SO YOU CAN LEARN AND MASTER EACH COMPONENT WITH CONFIDENCE. WE HAVE LIVE, GROUP AND 1:1 INTERACTIVE SESSIONS THROUGHOUT EACH PHASE TO ENSURE YOU GET THE ANSWERS YOU NEED IN REAL-TIME.
PHASE 1: BUSINESS REGISTRATION & LEGAL
The first phase involves registering your nonprofit organization
- Researching your business name, logo and domain names
- Filing your nonprofit at the State level using the right forms and documents
- Preparing operational documents, by-laws, and other guiding charters
- Researching and filing any trademarks or copyrights as required
- Creating contracts among internal members of the nonprofit organization
- Creating contracts to deal with outside parties (customers/institutions/partnerships)
PHASE 2: WEBSITE AND ONLINE TOOLS
The second phase involves creating your website, your fundraising tools, and social media accounts
- Develop a robust nonprofit website
- Create educational content and programs
- Create social media assets for your nonprofit – Facebook, Youtube, Instagram, Twitter, Google, etc.
- Integrate donation and payment processing systems
SECURING GRANTS AND DONATIONS
The third phase involves securing grants and donations to boost your mission
- Identify which programs and grants will benefit your nonprofit organization
- Writing grant proposals which you can submit to various grant programs
- Applying for grant programs like the ones from Google, TechSoup, Walmart, Sam’s Club & others
- Securing grants and donations from your website, social media, customers and friends/family
PHASE 4: MARKET YOUR NONPROFIT AND HAVE A DEEPER IMPACT.
Once you are able to secure fuel to boost your social mission, focus on marketing and advertising.
- You could focus on getting more volunteers to boost your mission
- You could focus on raising more donations to propel even further
- You can attract customers to your educational programs and workshops
- You can share your knowledge through your nonprofit and give the gift of education
These are just a few of the ways in which you can have a deeper impact in your community with the grants or donations that you raise through your nonprofit.
APPLY TO THE NONPROFIT ACCELERATOR
TAKE A FEW MINUTES TO FILL OUT THE NONPROFIT ACCELERATOR BUSINESS PLAN, WHICH WILL BE USED TO ASSESS WHETHER OUR PROGRAM CAN HELP YOU ACCOMPLISH YOUR SOCIAL, EDUCATIONAL OR CHARITABLE GOALS.
ONCE YOU COMPLETE THE APPLICATION, TAKE A SECOND TO BOOK A FREE CHAT WITH US TO DISCUSS YOUR APPLICATION IN GREATER DEPTH.